Subject: Information request regarding the replacement of firefighters’ helmets
From: Diāna Romanovska <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 08:32:00 +0300

TÄHELEPANU! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada!

Dear colleagues,

I am reaching out to request information regarding the firefighters’
helmets, particularly concerning their expiration date. Helmets are
required to replace every three years. We would like to learn about your
experience and practice in this area.

1.	Do you replace helmets based on recommendations?
2.	What is the process for replacing helmets?
3.	How long is a single helmet typically used?
4.	Are helmets assigned for individual use, or are they stored in the
fire truck for shared use?
5.	If helmets are known to have been rarely used and are still in new
condition, do you still replace them after three years, or do you send
helmets to test their condition to determine whether they are still safe
for use after the recommended period has passed? What types of test are
performed?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide this information by
Friday, July 25. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Sincerely,

Diana Romanovska

Senior specialist of European Affairs and

International Cooperation Unit

Development and International Affairs Department

State Fire and Rescue Service of the Republic of Latvia

Phone:+371 26595663

e-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

www.vugd.gov.lv